If you’ve been following us for a while, you know I’m an Aventura girl! I’ve been wearing their clothes for 5+ years, and I love them more and more all the time.
Why the love-affair?
Here’s the short story for the newbies to 365:
- More than 75% of their styles are made up of various low impact or sustainable materials
- They work with Fair Trade USA, and for every Fair Trade Certified product sold, they pay an additional premium directly back to the workers who make the clothes
- Every quarter they make a donation to Uncommon Threads, a “boutique” style clothing program that serves survivors of domestic violence and women in need by providing styling services and new clothes to boost self-esteem and feel empowered in their daily lives
- They have fed over 400K people with their mens’ line. For every Ecōths garment purchased, a minimum of three meals is provided to someone in need through partnerships with regional food banks across the country. Every garment has the ability to feed one person for one day!
That’s just the tip of the iceberg. So when you give Aventura to Mom (or Grandma..or yourself!) your gift is SO MUCH BIGGER!
My 4 Favorite Spring Pieces
OK – now down to business. If you have an adventure-loving mom (or you ARE an adventure-loving mom) then you will love these four new pieces in this season’s Spring collection! I’ve been traveling in them from Key West to North Carolina to Dahlonega, and they hold the test of travel!
Pictured above on our shelling trip in Onslow County, NC, the Kineta Hoodie is probably my favorite Aventura piece of all time. It’s soft and slimming…it has pockets, a hoodie, and thumb holes. It’s fitted without being snug…and it goes with everything from shorts to jeans to skirts.
I wear it a few times a week, if I’m honest. It’s Black Iris, which is a Pantone color that is really more like a very very dark blue. It works with both black and navy…and anything bold, like my Arden Slimmers in Beet. On the trail, I love it with the Kya Skort…but really, anything goes. This is my GO TO piece for 2019!
Heartley Peasant Top
I love love love the Boho vibe of this the Heartley Top…it’s nice and airy and sweet for our hot Georgia summers, even while protecting my arms from the sun.
Also great – it’s 100% organic cotton crepe, Fair Trade certified, and sustainable! I’m wearing it here in Lilac Grey on our Family Picnic yacht cruise in North Carolina…it’s great for cruising or for heading to the grocery store – super versatile!
Also – “sailing hair; don’t care” – and yes, that’s a rum daiquiri. Don’t judge!
It also comes in a lighter grey with white detail, and a white with brown detail (which is on MY Mother’s Day wish list!)
I love the Flora Tank because of the princess seams. It also has a great diamond cut out in the back…and it’s moisture wicking, which makes it great for hiking!
This is the Baleine Blue color – which I’m wearing with their Blue Idigo capri’s (currently on sale!) It’s work with black, too!
Starry Night Infinity Scarf
Finally, I’m head over heels for this modal/viscose infinity scarf that pairs beautifully with jeans or slacks or a dress! When we were in Miami, we had a Flytographer shoot, and I wore it with jeans and a cardigan.
Later in our road trip, I dressed up a cream dress for dinner – all with the same scarf.
Want to try Aventura?? Add what you like to your cart…create an account or log in, then add my special code which is good for a one-time 20% off your order! What’s better than that?? Here’s your code: TravelingLesli … don’t add an “e” to the end of my name! And trust me, you’re going to LOVE it!
Disclosure: I am a proud Aventura Ambassador. I love their mission and clothes..and I know you will, too!
After 18 years in software development, Lesli bailed on the corporate scene. When she’s not traveling, she’s hiking in the mountains or checking out Atlanta’s culinary scene, whiskey in hand.
Lesli has two kiddos -Cooper and Elliot- plus two bonus kids currently at UGA, and she’s happily married to her soul mate.
Latest posts by Lesli Peterson
- 5 Unexpected Adventures in Onslow County You Shouldn’t Miss - May 22, 2019
- 4 Ways to Enjoy Hammocks Beach State Park - May 21, 2019
- 3 Reasons We Love Bayonet Enterprises (and You Will, Too!) - May 20, 2019