Is there anything better than visiting beautiful Franklin, Tennessee while enjoying magical, Dickens-inspired celebrations? We think not!
Children’s activities, music, arts and crafts, carolers, food and drink, and lots of wonderful photo opportunities abound in Franklin this time of year. Here’s everything you need to know about Franklin’s annual Dickens of a Christmas celebration.
Downtown Franklin, Tennessee is gearing up for two full days of Victorian and Dickens-inspired celebrations at the Heritage Foundation of Williamson County’s 36th Annual Dickens of a Christmas event!
This year’s event will be held Saturday December 11 from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm, and Sunday, December 12 from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Guests will enjoy festive food and drink, children’s activities, live music, carolers, and outstanding arts & crafts. There will be photo opportunities like Snow at the Courthouse along with photos with Santa and the characters from the stories of Charles Dickens such as, Ebeneezer Scrooge, Fagin, Bob Cratchit, the Ghost of Christmas Present, Past, and Future.
Special features include the Victorian Village, KidZone presented by Grace Chapel, the Main Stage presented by the Church at West Franklin, an Acoustic Stage presented by Lipscomb University, Whiskey Lounge presented by Leiper’s Fork Distillery, the Beer Garden presented by Bavarian Bierhaus, a town sing-along, and much more.
There are six main areas where guests can enjoy entertainment:
- Victorian Village – Enjoy holiday dancers, characters and entertainers between the Public Square and 5th Avenue.
- Beer Garden presented by the Bavarian Bierhaus – Stop by on the northeast corner of the Public Square for an authentic German beer garden experience.
- Whiskey Lounge presented by Leiper’s Fork Distillery – Stop by the whiskey lounge on the southeast corner of the Public Square next to the Main Stage to enjoy some whiskey as well.
- Main Stage presented by the Church at West Franklin – Enjoy live music and entertainment throughout the day at the Main Stage on the southeast corner of the Public Square.
- Acoustic Stage presented by Lipscomb University – Enjoy acoustic entertainment throughout the day on the corner of 2nd Avenue South and Main Street.
- KidZone presented by Grace Chapel – Bring the kids to 4th Avenue South for some festive fun for all the kids to enjoy including a petting zoo.
“Dickens of a Christmas is one of the most anticipated events in Williamson County,” said Bari Beasley, CEO of the Heritage Foundation. “The revenue from this family-friendly event allows us to continue to protect and preserve Williamson County’s historic, architectural and geographic resources.”
For more information about Dickens of a Christmas, click HERE!
We make no guarantees of any price listed on our site. We are not responsible for content on external web sites linked from ours, including linked resources, an external blog post, any partner site, hotel property sites, or affiliate sites. We only write about places we love in an attempt to help you in your adventures, but we can’t guarantee you will love them, too.
- DICKENS OF A CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION COMES TO FRANKLIN, TN - November 20, 2021
- WORLD OF ILLUMINATION: WORLD’S LARGEST DRIVE-THROUGH ANIMATED LIGHT SHOW IS BACK IN 2021 - November 15, 2021
- FALL IS FABULOUS AT FERNBANK MUSEUM - September 8, 2021