There are three courses in all, the first two are a combination of challenge elements that include zip lines, suspension bridges, ropes courses and more, and is best suited for kids ages six and up.
Prepare for your zip line adventure with our helpful tips in this post (as well as a list of other zip lines in Georgia.
Course three is a zipline canopy tour that gets adventurers 55 feet in the air with three suspension bridges and seven ziplines, including taking you over Beaver Pond. This course is reserved for kids eight and older and a minimum of 60 pounds.
Aerial Adventure Course
My favorite part of the aerial adventure courses is facilitation from below. What does that mean? It means kids (and adults) are able to figure things out for themselves and go at their own pace.
Although children 6-9 must have an adult accompany them on the
Navigate your way across the magic carpet, over barrels, along swinging balance beams and through tunnels, all in the tree canopy. I promise, you’ll feel accomplished afterwards.
Zipline Canopy Tour
For slightly older kids (8-years-old and 60 pounds) try the Zipline Canopy Tour. This is a guide-led
While in the trees, you never know what you might see, we had two hawks fly right past us! And below was a log full of turtles.
Built By Experts
The eco-canopy courses at the Chattahoochee Nature Center were developed and are run by American Adventure Park Systems. AAPS honed their zip line chops creating Historic Banning Mills in Whitesburg, which is probably the most intense zip line in Georgia.
In addition to Banning Mills, I’ve also zipped at the Unicoi State Park location. Of the three, Chattahoochee Nature Center is the closest to the ground and the tamest, perfect for younger kids or first time adventurers. (but don’t worry, there are still plenty of thrills).
AAPS’ other zip line parks
Amicalola Falls State Park (Georgia)
Unicoi State Park (Georgia)
Lake Guntersville State Park (Alabama)
Wind Creek State Park (Alabama)
The Creation Museum (Kentucky)
The Ark Encounter (Kentucky)
Coming Soon DeSoto State Park (Alabama)
Know Before You Go
- Kids must be at least 6 years old for the Aerial Adventure Course
- Kids Ages 6-9 must be accompanied by an Adult
- Kids must be 8 years old and at least 60 lbs for the Zipline Course
- Reserve an hour and a half for the Aerial Course and another hour and a half for the Zipline Canopy Course
- Be sure to wear closed toed shoes.
- You’ll be more comfortable in the harnesses if you wear longer shorts or pants
- Book the first tour of the day for a quieter experience in the woods before the visitors arrive in mass for
- No need to bring your camera, the staff will take photos for you and email them to you — all set and ready for sharing on social media.
- The courses are a separate admission fee from the Chattahoochee Nature Center fee. You must pay for both the Nature Center entrance and the tours.
- There is a maximum weight of 250lbs for women and 285lbs for men
Latest posts by Sue Rodman
- A Little Las Vegas Coming to Alpharetta - May 2, 2019
- How to Perform a Successful Heist at The Escape Game - April 14, 2019
- Act3 Productions Presents Big Fish April 12 – 28 - April 4, 2019