Leave it to Disney to make waiting in line fun, perhaps even more fun than the ride itself. The new Play Disney Parks App takes in-que entertainment to a whole new level, and I can’t wait to see what they do with the new Star Wars Land (which promises to far exceed the best that’s offered right now)
So what exactly does the Play Disney Parks App do? To summarize this article my husband sent to me, it’s a game you play with your group while waiting in line. Key takeaways:
- You use just one phone, so it’s a group effort – you are actually interacting with your family, not just everyone staring at a phone.
- The game adjusts to your wait time. Whether you wait 20 minutes or 2 hours, there is a conclusion. (Nice!)
- The game is themed to the ride. Only certain rides are enabled at the moment.
- In addition to games, you can make things happen around you – like finding Tinkerbell in a lantern on Peter Pan, or rockets flying above in Space Mountain.
The Play Disney Parks App is just the latest attempt to make waiting in line tolerable. Below are two videos I did about the play areas in the queues at the New Fantasyland.
Of course if you are going to Disney just for the rides, you are missing a lot. My son’s favorite activity at the park is Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, an interactive game that uses cards and magic portals.
365 Daily posts are short and sweet, designed to highlight the discoveries we unearth on a daily basis as we explore Atlanta, the South, and the world!
Latest posts by Sue Rodman
- 10 Gulf Shores Signature Experiences Under $30 - October 10, 2019
- Explore Natural Ala. along the Hugh S Branyon Trail - September 26, 2019
- 11 Insanely Popular Restaurants along Alabama Coast with No Wait - September 12, 2019