You already know about our love for Blue Ridge. We love the shops, restaurants, outdoor activities, and just the whole vibe. You know what else we love? The trees!
We enjoy walking through the trees on a hike to one of the many waterfalls in the area, but in this case — we want to talk about the trees…you stay in!
These four experiences promise to take your trip to the Blue Ridge Mountains to the next level.
Treehouse on a Winery
If you’re looking to stay overnight in Blue Ridge, there is nothing quite as unique as the Blue Ridge Treehouse on the Bear Claw Vineyard property. It was built by The TreeHouse Guys from DIY Network, and their impeccable craftsmanship and creativity shine!
You can stay as a family like we did, but here’s the truth…if you can go as a couple or with your girlfriends, you will have the BEST time. You can take the VIP wine tour of the property – sign up for a Namaste and Cabernet class – sip on vino as you listen to live music – and just R-E-L-A-X!
Zip Through the Trees
You’ve wined…and now it’s time for a little action. Why not soar through the trees at Zip Line Canopy Tours? Challenge yourself on the ropes course or the zip line (or both)! You can even explore more with their zip line/rafting package, and take on the Ocoee for the weekend.
This zip line is on 165 acres of gorgeous wooded land, and boasts over 6,000 feet of cable! The 1-mile zip even takes you over Fightingtown Creek (for which my favorite Downtown restaurant, Fightingtown Tavern, is named)! Sure, you could pick the 1-hour trip, but the 2-hour trip is more fun and a better value!
Bike Around the Trees
Blue Ridge is a haven for mountain bikers, especially the Aska Adventure Area. It packs in about 17 miles of trails are intermediate and gorgeous. If you’re new to the sport, then consider the trails at Chestnut Gap or Lake Blue Ridge.
We love the self-guided maps from the Blue Ridge site, and this page has a list of all the trails and degrees of difficulty.
Finally, if that’s all too much…consider a guided tour of the falls with Pedego, on an electric bike! That’s more my style!
MORE BLUE RIDGE FUN:
- BLUE RIDGE CABIN RENTALS: 33 Dreamy Blue Ridge Cabin Rentals
- WINTERTIME TRAIN RIDE: 23 Spectacular Christmas Train Rides in Georgia
- SPRING AND FALL ON THE BRSR: Spring and Fall Delight on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway
- BLUE RIDGE TREEHOUSE: 5 Reasons You Should Stay at This Incredible Blue Ridge Hideaway
- ALL THINGS BLUE RIDGE: 50+ Best Adventurous Things To Do In Blue Ridge
- WORLD’S LARGEST DRIVE-THROUGH ANIMATED LIGHT SHOW IS BACK IN 2021 - October 13, 2021
- 29 BEST CHRISTMAS MOVIES FOR ADULTS PERFECT FOR A NETFLIX AND CHILL NIGHT - October 6, 2021
- THE BEST (AND NEW) PLACES TO STAY IN DOWNTOWN BLUE RIDGE - October 4, 2021